The module is equipped with multiple cameras and IR light sensor, it is able to detect movement in 3D. It tracks movements of both hands and 10 fingers with high precision and incredible speed what allows you to interact with your computer in a whole new way.
- Tracking movements of hands, fingers, and objects of indicator type
- High, millimetre accuracy, with almost zero delay
- 8 cubic feet of 3D space
- Field of view on the device equals 150 °
- Small size
- Compatible with Mac, Windows and Linux via USB port
- SDK packages in 6 languages of programming
- Image API provides access to the raw image
- Easy setup
- Free apps int he Leap Motion Gallery
Leap Motion has an active developer community where you can create and share your projects. Developers or robots’ lovers can use the device to control any device, such as drones, the shoulders of the robots, LEDs, 3D printers and more. You can connect the controller with the Arduino, Oculus Rift. The device capabilities are almost limitless.
KitSDK Leap Motion is available for free with the API interface in 6 languages:
- Objective C
For Windows and Mac computers, the device has access to the Leap Motion App Store where you can find a wide range of specially designed free and paid apps.
- System requirements:
- System: Windows 7 / 8 or Mac OS X 10.7
- CPU: AMD Phenom II or Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7
- RAM memory: 2 GB
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection
- Connecting cable included
- Product dimensions: 30 x 80 x 13 mm
- Weight: 70 g